Visit My Website, A Personal Gallery!


Click on Logo Bar Below, to visit my website!


Thursday, September 30, 2010

I have been making earrings!

It seems like forever, since I have shared some looming thoughts here on my Blog, so let me share what I have been doing since I left New York.

I'll be showing/selling at an Art Festival this weekend, Oct 2 & Oct 3, The Fells Point Festival in Baltimore Maryland. It is my favorite festival of all and the only festival I choose to show/sell my work, looming and hand woven beading.

Here are just a few of the types of earrings I have been making for this weekend.








I really prefer to loom, but earrings are a bit more tedious to loom, so I hand weave my earrings. Monday, I'll be getting back to my home base of looming. I'll be starting a new cell phone bag, one that is very colorful. This will be a photograph taken by a beading friend, Jean Upton. She takes wonderful wild life pictures. One in particular caught my eye, so I'll be starting that one first.

December 15, 2010 is the deadline for submissions to the IBA contest. They have a specific 'bead looming' catagory, so I am also submitting something for this special event. I'll be sharing what I am looming as I go, so you will notice tons of looming going on, starting Monday! I can't wait!!

6 comments:

  1. These are absolutely gorgeous - I particularly love those first couple - slightly different to what you normally do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your earrings are amazing. I love the cylindars with the glass flower at the bottom. Good luck this weekend. The weather should be wonderful and you should get a good crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! I have been working on so many lately, but I enjoy the challenge of trying to make something new and different, yet always include a good amount of sterling silver with each pair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Caron! You are right, as always! The first two were very different from my norm. The first pair shown, Multiple color AB with daggers, was a design that I worked with for more then I cared to offer. I was just not seeing the finished look, but decided to bead-on and this is how they turned out! I'd make another pair in other colors, now that I don't have to guess at a pattern! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Courtney! It is cooler today then I thought it should be, but it is looking nicer for tomorrow and Sunday. Since we are on the water, we had to deal with the high wind in the past. The wind is what I hate to face!

    The earrings you mention are simple brick stitch tubes, 9 beads around. When I assemble on a sterling head pin, I run 8mm beads inside to give the tube a filling. This way too, it is easier to include other focals as well as a piece of lampwork. CC's lampwork is awesome and I love it!

    ReplyDelete