Visit My Website, A Personal Gallery!


Click on Logo Bar Below, to visit my website!


Monday, August 12, 2013

Weaving an Irregular Edge, on the Loom

I have talked about his before, under the tags of ©Weighted Warp Method. However, I have also devised very advantageous way, of creating the same irregular edge. Here is a picture of what I am working on right now. The inset also shares a picture of a loom I had built. This is a ©Tri-Warp Loom.



My past patterns included an extended pattern by hand weaving it, along the edge. Now I prefer to include the extension, while I weave. This was also accomplished on my recent cuff, 'The Baltimore Oriole Baseball' cuff.


You can see, in the picture above, how I am starting to accent this cuff. One way was to add a 3D 'list', in Santa's hand. Much more to complete, so I will share later!

7 comments:

  1. OMG! You actually shared on Monday and didn't make us wait any longer. In the meantime I went through every backdated blog to see if I could find it posted and share it on FB! RATS! You posted it.<3
    Is there anything published on using weighted warps? Or any blogs?
    Love the Santa's list in his hand. Now waiting to see the smoke around his head or a finger aside of his nose. LOL Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful piece. I love the list. the way you have extended the pattern on the other end is really cool.
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all!
    Susan, I love your idea of the smoke and finger on the side of his nose! Maybe for the next one though :D As for the ©Weighted Warp Method, I know it is an ancient technique, for weaving textiles, but have never found such a method using beads, on a loom. It wasn't until I actually created this beading method, did I find out weighted warps have been here forever, almost. I felt a bit queezy to think I though if something that already existed. I haven't put my personal methods in public writings, but I do have a written direction to refer. The Mirrix is a perfect loom, for this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a true innovator of the loom and can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's really incredible :D Can't wait to see it finished...

    ReplyDelete