Visit My Website, A Personal Gallery!


Click on Logo Bar Below, to visit my website!


Thursday, October 10, 2013

A trial on creating a RAW edge


On September 11, my Blog post included my method of 'correcting a row of beads', while still on the loom. I have also stretched my limits, by completing a decorative bead edge, using the RAW (Right Angle Weave) stitch, with small pearls. I can only imagine how such a stitch could develop, with out the loom holding the base!

The double clasps, allowed me to meet the width I designed. I also used some Gilder's Paste to add a matching color, over top, of the silver metal. Being woven, with 11/0 Japanese Seed Beads, also added to the 'feel', of this design. Sadly, this photo does not offer the 'glint', of 'one cut' metallic silver beads, or the 'silver lined rainbow' beads. In person, they define the matt finish design superbly.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! RAW on the loom is an interesting technique. I am going to have to try it sometime ;)

    P.S. your bracelet is beautiful - love golds and reds!

    ReplyDelete